1. Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
2. What Is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
· public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed,
· professional and business directories available to the public,
· public registries and court records,
· other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
3. Accountability for Personal Information
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information
The Centre of Excellence shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purpose(s) identified by the organization.
5. Types of Data Collected
Among the types of information that the Centre of Excellence collects through veteranschronicpain.ca / veteransdouleurchronique.ca, by itself or through third parties, are:
· Usage Data (defined below)
· your email address
· your first name
· your last name
· a description of your profession
· your province
· your ZIP/Postal code
· your company or organization name
· your phone number
· your home address
Personal Information may be freely provided by you, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using veteranschronicpain.ca / veteransdouleurchronique.ca.
Unless specified otherwise, all information requested by veteranschronicpain.ca / veteransdouleurchronique.ca is mandatory and failure to provide this information may make it impossible for veteranschronicpain.ca / veteransdouleurchronique.ca to provide its Services. In cases where veteranschronicpain.ca / veteransdouleurchronique.ca specifically states that some information is not mandatory, you are free not to communicate this information without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Services.
We also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses veteranschronicpain.ca / veteransdouleurchronique.ca.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide certain features.
6. Use Of Personal Information
The Centre of Excellence identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected and will be used or disclosed. Generally, using the information we collect, we are able to deliver the Services to you. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purpose of:
· complying with legal and governmental requirements;
· facilitating your use of the Services;
· providing services requested by you including without limitation the Services;
· understanding and responding to your needs and preferences, including, but not limited to, communicating with you and to provide you with support and other services;
· troubleshooting problems and technical or security issues;
· performing statistical analyses of website use, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of the website so as to improve design and navigation of the website as well as the Services;
· administering the Services; and
· communicating with you generally about the Services, participation in research studies, third party services or otherwise.
We may also maintain and use records of such information to send you updates and news about the Centre of Excellence or other products or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive updates, newsletters or other notifications from us, you may opt out of receiving further communications from us by using the response mechanism in our communications with you.
7. We Limit Disclosure And Retention Of Your Personal Information
The Centre of Excellence may disclose personal information to governmental authorities pursuant to ongoing reporting requirements, partner clinics, and to third party service providers, including third parties engaged to assist us in providing the Services (including, but not limited to, software development and hosting, data processing, transaction processing services, document management and office administration) to you or to carry out one or more of the uses described above. These service providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance and are required to protect personal information disclosed by the Centre of Excellence and to comply with applicable privacy laws.
The Centre of Excellence reserves the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your personal information for the purposes set out above.
8. Accuracy and Retention of Personal Information
The Centre of Excellence endeavors to ensure that any personal information in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. If we become aware that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will revise the personal information.
We keep your personal information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time we retain information varies, depending on the purpose for which it was collected and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only for so long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date.
9. The Security Of Your Personal Information
We use electronic and administrative safeguards to assist us in preventing unauthorized access, maintaining data accuracy and correctly using your personal information.
It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using any shared computer.
10. What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
11. Hyperlinking Notice
Links to websites not under the control of the Centre of Excellence are provided solely for the convenience of our website visitors. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content. We do not offer any guarantee in that regard and are not responsible for the information found through these links, nor do we endorse the sites or their content.